November 21, 2006

Paint fumes

Been a while. :)

My office is being painted. Not just my own room; but the entire office. It's not a huge office; about 2,000 sq ft. They started last Monday. As in, a week ago. They're not finished yet and I'm about ready to scream.

They started painting my own office yesterday morning. Two coats on the walls. Looks great. This morning I asked my boss whether they could please just get the trim done so I could move my furniture back towards the walls. Everything is currently shoved into the middle and I can barely even put my feet under my desk, let alone nagivate the office comfortably. Yeah, they painted the trim; but apparently another coat needs to go on, and despite the fact that the trim was dry by 12:30, the second coat still had not gone by the time the guy left for the day at 3:30. My own office space is about 7 feet by 11 feet. 77 sq. ft. Three fucking days?? I could have painted the room with my fucking TONGUE faster than this.

I am so sick of the smell of paint; if I never smell it again it'll be too soon.

No comments: