July 13, 2006

Summertime

I am on holidays. In fact, I'm nearing the end of two whole weeks of unscheduled bliss. During this time we (hubby and I) have redecorated our kitchen. I spent time with my kiddos, went swimming, built sand castles, read (finally got into The DaVinci Code and omgosh, it was so much better than I ever thought it might be; very, very exciting!!) and just generally enjoyed the change of pace. It's been really nice.

Son is at a day camp today. We're expecting super-hot weather over the weekend, which will be great for my garden. Hot and humid makes my climbing plants (morning glories, sweet peas) jump up. Our tomato plant is already almost as tall as my six-year-old. (Yes, that's tomato plant, singular - we do live in the city with a very small backyard, and honestly, we just don't need *that* many tomatoes!)

Next week will be back to work and back to the regular routine; but I still have a few days left and I'm going to enjoy them for all they're worth.

No comments: