June 11, 2006

Frank Einstein

Conversation with six-year-old son this morning:

Son: Mom, did the live-action Tales from the Crypt-Keeper have music that's as scary as the cartoon one?

Me: I haven't seen the live-action Crypt-Keeper show for about fifteen years, and then it was probably only twice, J. And I've never watched the cartoon one, I don't think.

Son: It has a really scary beginning. It has a kid on a bike, and a candle with spider webs on it, and Frank Einstein. You know him?

Me: I haven't seen it, J, I don't know who Frank Einstein is.

Son: He's been in other stuff.

Me: Do you mean Albert Einstein?

Son: No, Frank Einstein. He's tall and green and he has stitches on his face.

(pause...followed by laughter)

Me: (gasping) I think you mean Frankenstein, J.

Son: Are you sure?

Me: Pretty sure.

1 comment:

Julie said...

thats hilarious :D didnt hear about that one....love from the prying nosy little sister mentioned in blog enry #1....xo