February 21, 2007

Moving on

Enough with that piece of spam. I shall waste no more blog space on him.

Today is an absolutely gorgeous, sunny, mild day. Granted, it's still below freezing, but only 3 degrees below, rather than 25 below as it has been the last few weeks. It's practically shorts-weather. :)

The weather change is very much welcome. Everyone seemsm to be feeling so pissy these days and I'm pretty sure it's because we're reaching the end of the winter. Only a few days left in February and when we reach March 1, I always feel a sense of relief, like we've reached a finish line - "We made it!"

I am on holidays the week of March 5-9. On March 6 (C's birthday!) I am taking the train in the afternoon, up to Toronto. I'm staying overnight all. by. myself. :D and attending a work-related seminar the next day. Then back home on the train that evening. I feel bad being away from C the evening of her birthday, but we'll have her party on the following Saturday; and she won't remember it anyways. This seminar is held twice a year in Toronto; and the other time during the year is the first week of school in September! So I'm a bit stuck. It's also held in Windsor and Hamilton; just way too far.

I am looking forward to having that time to myself; take myself out to dinner, maybe do a little shopping, sleeping in a hotel. **sigh** Gonna be good. :) I haven't gone away anywhere by myself since...um...ever? LOL Oh, when J was two I went camping for a weekend with my friend. This will be quite a luxury.

No comments: